|DEPARTMENT: ||Assessment Services
|LOCATION: ||8765 W. Higgins Rd Suite 200 · Chicago, IL 60631-4174
The Assistant Editor will assist with all facets of item editing as designated by the Managing Editor.
The Assistant will provide support to the team in activities related to item-writing workshops,
resource organization and maintenance, and item editing. Specific responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
- Item Bank and Editing Resource Maintenance: Enter item updates from subject matter experts, including references, assets, and coding. Track item editing project status. Conduct routine searches for enemy items, lifted content, and updated terminology. Maintain organization of editing group’s shared network drive.
- Meeting and Training Support: Provide support for the scheduling, planning, preparation, and execution of item writing workshops and other training initiatives. Support presentation and document creation for meetings and webinars.
- Item Editor Skill Development: Under the direction of the Managing Editor, develop specific skills required to perform Item Editor functions, such as style guide mastery, meeting facilitation training, medical terminology acquisition, new item processing, and evaluation of item flaws. Conduct item editing of selected new item submissions as directed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Four-year college degree (English, Journalism, or a similar concentration preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Some office or administrative experience preferred
- Experience with medical terminology preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Superior attention to detail, and strong keyboarding and proofreading skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit resume and letter of interest summarizing your qualifications to Human Resources by email at HRadmin@nbome.org.
The NBOME is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
* NBOME is an E-Verify participant