This content is for candidates who took the COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE before June 2019. Candidates taking the COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE beginning June 17, 2019 can view the new documentation here.
Reports & Transcripts
|COMLEX-USA Passing Scores
Scores are generally available within 4–6 weeks from the date of the examination. Score reports will be available via secure access to the NBOME account from the CRS portal.
- A personal email is sent to each candidate informing them when scores have been posted, and alerts are posted to NBOME Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- The score-release calendar shows the date range when a candidate can expect his or her scores based on the examination date.
Note: Score reports from the computer-based examinations taken on or after July 1, 2012, are available electronically through the NBOME Account. Candidates and osteopathic medical school dean’s offices will be able to access and print test results immediately after they are available along with the candidate’s examination history. Up-to-date information about student test-taking activities and test results remain online for accessing and printing at the candidate’s and osteopathic medical school’s convenience.
- For score reports prior to July 1, 2012
- Send a written request to:
NBOME Corporate Offices & Conference Center
8765 W. Higgins Rd., Suite 200
Chicago, IL 60631-4174.
Please allow 10 business days for delivery. For questions, contact NBOME Client Services.
Score reports printed from the NBOME’s CRS do not take the place of an NBOME-certified transcript. No scores will be reported by telephone, fax, or email.
NBOME Certified Transcripts are the only verification acceptable by medical licensing agencies & the Federation Credentials Verification Service (FCVS).
To order a certified transcript, access your account and complete the instructions. If you are unable to access your account, contact Client Services via email or call 866-479-6828.
Transcript requests will be processed in the order of the date received. The normal processing time is one to two business days from the date of receipt of the request and payment plus three to five shipping days using standard USPS mail. Transcripts can be sent by FedEx for an additional fee.
Candidates must complete at least one COMLEX-USA examination for which a score is available in order to process a transcript request. If you request a transcript while a test score is pending, that score will not appear on your transcript.
For Third Parties
- Third parties who wish to request an official transcript must obtain written consent from the osteopathic physician and submit it with an official transcript request form. Download the application form and submit with payment to the NBOME. If you are using FCVS, this option does not apply, contact FCVS directly.
Download Request Form
Please submit this form via email to NBOME Client Services, by fax at 773.714.0606, or mailed to:
NBOME Client Services
8765 West Higgins Road
Chicago, IL 60631-4174
Please Note There Are Fees Associated With This Request
Before releasing examination results or posting score reports NBOME conducts a thorough quality assurance process to ensure scoring accuracy.
Confirmation for any COMLEX-USA examination can be provided by request, if submitted within 120 days of the examination. Requests are processed through your NBOME account, located within the ‘View Scores’ section. The option for submitting this request is listed at the bottom of the page. NBOME does not release information about the scoring of individual examination questions.
COMLEX-USA cognitive computer-based exam score confirmation delivers responses recorded by computer. Because score confirmation is limited solely to the review of the responses recorded by the computer, it is unlikely to change the candidate score. We ensure that all subsections were complete and that your responses were graded against the proper form.
Interpreting Examination Scores
In order to avoid misinterpretation, keep in mind that performance profiles:
- Should not be used to interpret areas of importance or emphasis for any particular examination
- Are not additive for projecting the total score or pass/fail status
- Do not contain metrics technically designed to be sub-scores
- May be based on a relatively small number of items, meaning reliability of sub-scores may be lower than the reliability for the entire test
- The NBOME uses psychometrically-sound approach to convert candidate total raw score e.g., number corrects on multiple choice questions and key features to a standard score. The percentage of candidates that pass or fail the examination is not predetermined. Some items may be included in the examination primarily for research purposes and are not contributed to the candidate’s score.
The conversion of standard scores involves information about the performance of candidates that have taken these examinations previously.
For more information on interpreting COMLEX-USA scores, refer to the FAQs.